Monday, June 11, 2007

Raising a child is the ultimate challenge both intellectually, physically and mentally. If you don't agree it is proof that you have not raised a kid.


Beyond the normal challenges, once in a while your kids are going to do (or say) something that will just send a shiver down your spine.

Like some years back when my son, Suchet, was 3.5y old, casually told me "Pappa, I am getting bored. Let us kill Sneha (my daughter)".

Not to say, I had to double check with him what he said, and what he meant... and then explain him clearly why that was not a good idea. I knew it was just a child talk, and hence was not overly worried about it. But then I was checking on my son and daugther once in a while (every 5 minutes) after that for over a week :-).

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2:59 AM, Blogger Yeshaswi said...

Could not agree more on this and the other few posts on parenting (seeing is believing one). More often than not I have also found that instead of verbally telling my son something, showing him the same thing gives him satisfaction. Guess it is a two way learning process. And definitely you are not a bad father if you are thinking about your own actions !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home